Make your KPFA ballot count: get it in before Sept 30!
The election for listener members to KPFA’s Local Station Board will end on Sept. 30, 2016. If you are mailing your ballot, it must be received in Merced, CA by Sept. 30. You may vote online until 8:59 PM on Sept. 30.
If you did not receive a ballot or if you have misplaced it, please email the Local Election Supervisor right away at:
To request a replacement ballot, please be sure to include your email, phone number and mailing address. If you did not receive a ballot and think you are an eligible voting member, please include your eligibility information (proof of membership or staff hours) along with your name, mailing address and phone number. Specify if you prefer to vote online or by paper ballot, which will take longer to receive.
If you are requesting a candidate pamphlet, please note that the pamphlet only includes 200 word statements. You can find more complete statements online at elections.pacifica.org, as well as answers to the optional questionnaire and candidate audio files. If you still want a printed pamphlet, include your mailing address. Please think greenly in your choice of digital verses paper as well as the cost to KPFA for printing and postage. If you have questions, you can also write SaveKPFA at email@example.com and we’ll try to help.
SaveKPFA‘s 2016 candidates
Network-wide elections in Pacifica are about to start, and the stakes couldn’t be higher. The Pacifica network finds itself in a precarious state, at a political moment of great peril and great potential. SaveKPFA believes a robust alternative media can make the difference between the two, which is why we work to supp
ort KPFA‘s hard-working staff, and expand the impact of their work. Here’s what we’ve done:
- RESTORED LOCAL CONTROL by hiring KPFA‘s first locally-selected general manager in 5 years.
- SUPPORTED GREAT NEW PROGRAMS like UpFront, The Talkies, and new shows by Ralph Nader, Dave Zirin, and Bill Fletcher, Jr.
- SUPPORTED EXPANSION through a new website that makes KPFA more accessible on mobile devices, new podcast launches, and the use of KPFB to pilot new shows.
- CALMED CONFLICT by participating in cross-factional dialogue talks and endorsing the Pacifica Unity Pledge.
Vote for all of SaveKPFA‘s candidates!
If you’re a KPFA member, you should get a ballot in the mail shortly — please vote for SaveKPFA‘s candidates as listed below. ENDORSERS include KPFA programmers Brian Edwards-Tiekert, Aileen Alfandary, Mitch Jeserich, Kris Welch and Sasha Lilley; as well as progressive icons Rashid Khalidi, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Steve Early, Blanche Richardson and Dan Siegel. | SEE THE ENDORSERS’ LIST
Here are the SaveKPFA CANDIDATES — please vote for ALL EIGHT of them:
- Carole Travis, KPFA Local Station Board chair, prisoner rights attorney and retired UAW local president
- Andrea Turner, former chair, KPFA LSB; former member, Pacifica National Board; cultural activist with the Freedom Song Network and Vukani Mawethu choir
- Christina Huggins, former vice president of CWA Local 9415 (KPFA‘s union)
- Craig Williams, labor, tenant, and community organizer; member of KPFA’s Outreach Committee
- Brian Crowell, public school teacher and education activist
- Yuri Gottesman, educator and former union attorney
- Chris Cory, small business owner, saxophonist with the Black Sheep Brass Band
- Write-in: Ahmad Anderson, former General Manager of KPFA; human resources expert
Voting ends September 30, 2016.
Add your name
We invite you to endorse SaveKPFA‘s candidates by emailing your name and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please circulate this newsletter to your circle of friends on social media and encourage them to vote for the SaveKPFA candidates. Keep in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter. Stay tuned for updates!